What is the Pre-Release branch?
The pre-release branch is the next version of Garry's Mod. It contains all the changes that will be included in the game's next update.
Why is this needed?
This is needed for two reasons:
- So that addon developers can adjust to upcoming changes
- So you can test the changes and make sure next update will be less buggy by reporting bugs
Can I play on normal servers with this version of the game?
Unfortunately, most of the time, no.
This does not mean you shouldn't use the pre-release branch. It is invaluable for us to have people test the game before the next update is out to make sure nothing breaks, or at least not that much.
How do I switch back or to this branch?
To switch back to 'Live' branch, or to switch to Experimental branches:
- Exit the game
- Right click on Garry's Mod in Steam and select Properties
- Go to Betas tab and select the desired branch
- NONE - Opt out of all beta programs to go back to the normal game
- Pre-Release to go to the Pre Release branch ( Contains changes ready for the next update )
- Dev to go to the Dev branch ( Contains all latest changes )
Next update changelog
This list list is raw and not final. Some of this may not be included into the final change notes.
This is a list of all changes made to the game since the last update to the 'Live' or main version of the game.
Lua API Changes