Creates a console command that runs a function in lua with optional autocompletion function and help text.
This will fail if the concommand was previously removed with concommand.Remove in a different realm (creating a command on the client that was removed from the server and vice-versa).
Issue Tracker: #1183
The command name to be used in console.
This cannot be a name of existing console command or console variable. It will silently fail if it is.
The function to run when the concommand is executed. Arguments passed are:
- Player ply - The player that ran the concommand. NULL entity if command was entered with the dedicated server console.
- string cmd - The concommand string (if one callback is used for several concommands).
- table args - A table of all string arguments.
- string argStr - The arguments as a string.
The function to call which should return a table of options for autocompletion. (Autocompletion Tutorial)
This only properly works on the client since it is not networked. Arguments passed are:
- string cmd - The concommand this autocompletion is for.
- string args - The arguments typed so far.
The text to display should a user run 'help cmdName'.
Adds a concommand killyourself which will kill the user.
concommand.Add("killyourself",function( ply, cmd, args )
print("You killed yourself!")
A concommand that prints the SteamID and nickname of every player on the server.
concommand.Add( "retrieveplayers", function()
for _, ply in ipairs( player.GetAll() ) do
print( ply:Nick() .. ", " .. ply:SteamID() .. "\n" )